Afrikaans name: Middleton
Approaching Middleton from the south
The small hamlet of Middleton was established in 1879 as a stopping point for the train service. Consequently one of the first buildings built was the station. It still exists but is used as a pub today.
Middleton is situated on the banks of the Fish River and the nearest town is Cookhouse.
Above - Old hotel in Middleton
Above - Wild flowers near Middleton
Above - Old Anglican church built in 1903