Afrikaans name: Petrusville
Welcome to Petrusville
In 1877 the two sons of Petrus van der Walt founded the village of Petrusville on land that they inherited from their father.
Petrusville is situated near the Orange River and relies on its water to irrigate the small holdings growing crops. Merino sheep are also farmed in the area.Accommodation in Petrusville
The village is the nearest place to Vanderkloof Dam on the Orange river. It is also only 16 km away from Rolfontein Nature Reserve.
There is a fire hydrant in front of the civic buildings that was installed in honour of King Edward VII. The Dutch Reformed Church houses a collection of clothing, some of which date back 100 years or more. Some trenches, dug during the Anglo-Boer War, may still be seen in the hills surrounding the town.
Petrusville is surrounded by semi-desert with flat-top hills.
Above - A shop in Petrusville
Above - Suburban houses
Above - Petrusville civic buildings with the fire hydrant built in honour of King Edward VII in the foreground.
Above - Dutch Reformed Church (1928)